- Our Commitment to Personal Privacy
- Personal Information: What we Collect—
- Persistent Identifiers
- Review / Correction / Removal /of Personal Information
- Review / Correction / Removal /of Personal Information
- Our Commitment to Teenager’s and Children’s Privacy
- Teenage Visitors 13 to 17 Years of Age
- Children Under 13 Years of Age
- Visitor Comments, Submissions and Postings
- Social Media Online Services
- Access from Mobile Devices
- Mobile Device and Wireless Network
- Data Security
- Visitor’s Responsibility
- Visitor’s Risk and Limitation of Company’s Liability for Failure of Security Measures
- Termination or Suspension of Access / Participation
- Contact Us
1. Our Commitment to Personal Privacy
This Policy reflects American Licorice Company’s commitment to protecting information we learn from each visitor (‘Visitor) to a company owned or operated general audience web site or other online service in which the company participates.
American Licorice Company owned and operated web sites include:
American Licorice Company also participates in online services such as social media platforms, including:
- Facebook (https://www.facebookcom/RedVines)
- Pinterest (http://pinterest.com/redvinescandy/),
- Twitter (http://twitter.com/RedVines) and
- YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/teamredvines).
The list of company web sites and online services is not intended to be an exhaustive list and may change from time to time.
2. Personal Information: What we collect—
Personal information collected from a Visitor may include:
- first and/or last name
- birth date
- e-mail address
- home address
- telephone number
- credit/debit card information
- login name
(hereinafter, individually and collectively, referred to as, “Personal Information”).
The submission of Personal Information is purely voluntary, but may be a necessary step for registering or participating in certain activities and promotions offered or made available. By providing Personal Information, the Visitor consents to the collection and use of the Personal Information by American Licorice Company, as stated herein.
3. Persistent Identifiers
Our web sites use “cookies” which may include a customer number, an IP address (a Uniform Resource Locator or “URL”), a processor or device serial number, a unique identifier that might be used to recognize a user over time and across different web sites or online services, including but not limited the type of software the Visitor is using to browse the Internet, the “URL” (web address) that the Visitor visited before and after our site and the Visitor’s Internet Service Provider. We may also collect geolocation data of the Visitor which may be sufficient to identify a street name and name of city or town.
The use of a company site or online service signifies your consent to the use of persistent identifiers.
4. Use of Personal Information
American Licorice Company and its affiliates (e.g., online order fulfillment service providers) use Personal Information for internal business purposes, to communicate to Visitors about products and special offers and promotions, and for notification and publicity of participants and winners in promotions and contests. For the use of Personal Information of Teenage Visitors 13 – 17 years of age and Children under the age of 13, please refer to the section below titled, “Our Commitment to Teenager’s and Children’s Privacy.”
Personal Information will not be traded, licensed, sold or used for third party marketing or promotional purposes without prior authorization from the Visitor (or if the Visitor is a minor, the Visitor’s parent or legal guardian).
Personal Information may be used or disclosed by operation of law, in compliance with valid legal requirements or in the event of a business transaction involving the company’s assets, but only to the extent necessary and always with the commitment of American Licorice Company toward protecting the Personal Information.
5. Review / Correction / Removal /of Personal Information
A Visitor (or the Visitor’s parent or legal guardian) may review, correct and/or delete Personal Information by e-mail request to consumerfeedback [at] amerlic [dot] com. Visitors may also opt out of receiving communications from us about offers, contests, promotions, activities or new products by advising us by e-mail request to consumerfeedback [at] amerlic [dot] com. If Personal Information is deleted or consent to the use of Personal Information is revoked, a Visitor’s participation in activities requiring the use of Personal Information may be restricted or terminated.
6. Our Commitment to Teenager’s and Children’s Privacy
American Licorice Company’s web sites and online services are intended for general audiences of all ages. However, American Licorice provides comprehensive provisions that apply to Visitors 13 to 17 years of age (“Teenage Visitors”) and Visitors under the age of 13 (“Children”). These provisions are provided below.
a. Teenage Visitors 13 to 17 Years of Age
Personal Information provided by Teenage Visitors 13 – 17 years of age is collected only during (i) registration for participation in online activities, contests, promotions, product purchases, and to receive marketing and promotional information from American Licorice Company, (ii) the online submission of a question or comment to the Company or (iii) use of a “tell a friend” feature.
When submitting Personal Information through a web site or online service, Teenage Visitors 13 – 17 years of age are required to provide the e-mail address of a parent or legal guardian. American Licorice Company will notify a parent or guardian of the Personal Information supplied by the Teenage Visitors allowing the parent or guardian to be aware of and participate in the Teenage Visitor’s online experience.
b. Children Under 13 Years of Age
Parents and legal guardians are encouraged to visit the Company’s general audience web sites and social media services with their Children.
Kids! Please do not submit Personal Information to a company web site or online service without first obtaining the permission of your parent or legal guardian before you submit the information!
American Licorice Company may use age verification mechanisms to prevent the access and use of the company’s general audience sites and online services. To the extent that any site or online service permits from time to time the participation by Children in an online activity such as a contest or sweepstakes, it is the practice of American Licorice Company to comply fully with The Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (“COPPA”) governing the collection, use and disclosure of personal information from Children under the age of 13 (a “Child” or “Children”). Pursuant to COPPA:
As a general rule, COPPA requires that we obtain verifiable parental consent before collecting Personal Information from Children under the age of 13. However, certain limited exceptions allow us to collect Personal Information from a Child before obtaining parental consent. These exceptions include:
- Where the sole purpose of collecting the name or online contact information of the parent or Child is to provide notice to the parent and obtain parental consent.
- Where the sole purpose of collecting online contact information from a Child is to respond directly on a one-time basis to a specific request from the Child, and where such information is not used to re-contact the Child or for any other purpose, is not disclosed, and is deleted by the operator from its records promptly after responding to the Child’s request;
- Where the purpose of collecting a Child’s and a parent’s online contact information is to respond directly more than once to the Child’s specific request, and where such information is not used for any other purpose, disclosed, or combined with any other information collected from the Child. Here, we must provide parents with notice and the means to opt out of allowing the site’s future contact of the Child. In providing such notice, we will make reasonable efforts, taking into consideration available technology, to ensure that the parent receives appropriate notice and will not be deemed to have made reasonable efforts where the notice to the parent was unable to be delivered;
- Where the purpose of collecting a Child’s and a parent’s name and online contact information, is to protect the safety of a Child, and where such information is not used or disclosed for any purpose unrelated to the Child’s safety. Here, we will make reasonable efforts, taking into consideration available technology, to provide a parent with appropriate notice;
- Where the purpose of collecting a Child’s name and online contact information is to:
- Protect the security or integrity of its Web site or online service;
- Take precautions against liability;
- Respond to judicial process; or
- To the extent permitted under other provisions of law, to provide information to law enforcement agencies or for an investigation on a matter related to public safety;
- Where we collects a persistent identifier and no other personal information and such identifier is used for the sole purpose of providing support for the internal operations of the Web site or online service; or
- Where we have actual knowledge that a third-party operator has a presence on a Child-directed site (e.g., through a social widget or plug-in embedded on the site), it collects a persistent identifier and no other personal information from a visitor of the Child-directed site, and the third-party operator’s previous affirmative interaction with that user confirmed the user was not a Child (e.g., an age-gated registration process).
In the event a company site or online service permits the participation of by Children, and unless one of the limited exceptions for parent consent applies as described above, we will provide direct notice to a parent or legal guardian:
(1) Where we seek to obtain a parent’s verifiable consent prior to the collection, use, or disclosure of a Child’s Personal Information;
(2) Where we voluntarily seek to provide notice to a parent of a Child’s online activities that do not involve the collection, use or disclosure of Personal Information;
(3) Where we intend to communicate with the Child multiple times via the Child’s online contact information and we collect no other information; and
(4) Where our purpose for collecting a Child’s and a parent’s name and online contact information is to protect a Child’s safety and the information is not used or disclosed for any other purpose.
For the purpose of providing direct notice, a Child or the Child’s parent or legal guardian must provide us with the Child’s name and the e-mail address of the Child’s parent or legal guardian. Each notice will describe the purpose of the notice and the parent’s or legal guardian’s options, including, as appropriate: (1) the means by which verified consent may be given, (2) the the deletion of the parent’s or legal guardian’s online contact information from our records and how that can be done, (3) the restriction on the use of the parent’s or legal guardian’s online contact information for any other purpose than the purpose stated in the notice, (4) the refusal to permit the Child’s participation in a company web site or online service, (5) the refusal to permit further contact with the Child, (6) the refusal to permit the use, and require the deletion, of any information collected, and how that can be done, and (7) the consequences of the parent or legal guardian’s failure to respond to the notice.
COPPA prohibits, and we will not permit, the conditioning of a Child’s participation in any activity on the Child’s disclosure of more Personal Information than is reasonably necessary for the activity.
The parent or legal guardian always has the option to agree to the collection and use of a Child’s Personal Information without consenting to the disclosure of the Personal Information to third parties.
The parent or legal guardian can, at any time, review the Child’s Personal Information for which collection and use has been consented, and ask to have it corrected or deleted and refuse to allow any further collection or use of the Child’s Information. See the procedure under “Review / Correction / Removal /of Personal Information” above.
Except as expressly stated in a contest or promotion for which verified parental consent has been obtained, American Licorice Company and its affiliates use no Personal Information collected from Children for any marketing or promotional purpose whatsoever.
In the case of contests or promotions, Children’s Personal Information is used with the parent or guardian’s verified consent only for the specific contest or promotion. Children’s Personal Information is not retained after the conclusion of the contest or promotion except as required by law for record retention purposes. If a Child is selected as a winner a contest, notification will be provided to the parent or guardian.
7. Visitor Comments, Submissions and Postings
Our web sites and the online services in which we participate may allow the ability to post comments, information about yourself and others, and to upload media content (for example. pictures, videos, artwork, etc.). Submissions to American Licorice Company web sites are subject to the posted Terms of Service. Please be aware that any information you post to publicly viewable site and services can be accessed and use by others. We cannot control what others may do with information you voluntarily post, and once you post information you may not be able to edit or delete it. We urge you to use caution when posting any information online.
8. Social Media Online Services
9. Access from Mobile Devices
Visitors using social media sites should be aware that information you submit on such sites may be accessed on mobile phones and other mobile devices that allow information to be synced and saved by friends and others. You should only share important or sensitive information with people you trust because they may be able to save and share it, knowingly or unknowingly, with others you do not intend the information to be shared with.
Important information for parents and legal guardians regarding educating Children on the use of the Internet, including online safeguards and social media, is available at www.onguardonline.gov.
10. Mobile Device and Wireless Network Security
Mobile devices such as cell phones and other devices using WiFi networks can have financial and other information intercepted during use. It is important to use only encrypted transmissions on secured WiFi networks when transmitting Personal Information. In addition, passwords and other login information should be stored in password protected files in case a mobile device is lost or stolen.
11. Data Security
American Licorice Company and its affiliates use appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and protect Personal Information from unauthorized access, use and disclosure. We use Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption technology for the transmission of Personal Information. To take advantage of this technology, your browser software must support 128- bit encryption.
12. Visitor’s Responsibility
Visitors must also take precautions to prevent unauthorized access and use of Personal Information including but not limited to login names and passwords. For example Visitors should not disclose or allow others to use their personal passwords or other personal identification information used to access and/or conduct transactions on this site. Visitors are solely responsible for all results (claims, liabilities and damages of any kind) arising from or related to their disclosure of Personal Information to another person or entity, whether the disclosure was intentional or not. Visitors agree not to use anyone else’s personal identification information without proper authorization.
13. Visitor’s Risk and Limitation of Company’s Liability for Failure of Security Measures
Due to the nature of electronic communications and storage, the company’s security measures may not prevent all loss, misuse, theft or alteration of Personal Information collected from the site. THEREFORE, THE VOLUNTARY SUBMISSION OF PERSONAL IDENTIFICATION INFORMATION VIA THIS SITE IS AT THE VISITOR’S SOLE RISK AND EXCEPT AS PROHIBITED BY LAW, EACH VISITOR AGREES THAT AMERICAN LICORICE COMPANY AND IT AFFILIATES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY FAILURE OF SECURITY MEASURES OR FOR ANY UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS, USE, DISTRIBUTION, ALTERATION OR THEFT OF PERSONAL INFORMATION ARISING FROM OR RELATED TO THE SUBMISSION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION VIA A COMPANY SITE OR ONLINE SERVICE. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL AMERICAN LICORICE COMPANY BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING FROM OR RELATED TO ANY FAILURE OF SECURITY MEASURES OR ANY UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS, USE, DISTRIBUTION, ALTERATION OR THEFT OF PERSONAL INFORMATION.
14. Termination or Suspension of Access / Participation
16. Contact Us
American Licorice Company
2796 NW Clearwater Drive Bend, OR 97701